Sunday, January 10, 2010

Time flies when you're having FUN!

My original intention when creating this blog was to post more often that I actually have. Working full time and everything else that goes along with being a wife and mother takes up so much time... and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Aside from the daily to do's of an almost-one-year old like crawling, standing, wanting to walk, teething, separation anxiety, refusing to nurse, eating only when she wants to, sleeping only when she wants to and finding her voice (and a loud one at that) it has been business as usual around here.

We are planning for Julia's 1st birthday party or should I say Nana is planning for Julia's 1st birthday party, as all the festivities will be at her castle. How do you create a guest list to include family, close friends, including those who stood by us during the loss of Will to include the journey of my pregnancy with Julia without inviting everyone under the sun? There are so many people in our life that have been there for us that I don't want to leave out, yet we have space limitations. Now mind you Nana's castle is fit for a princess and her posse, but seriously, we must be realistic!

I went through some pictures recently and can't believe how much Julia has grown over the past year. Just late summer she was a little chubby with those cute cheeks, rolls in ther arms and legs, but now she is a tall, thin little girl with the will to do anything! She is very determined, outspoken, stubborn, loves her Daddy, playing with her BlackBerry, beating Daddy at crawling races, pointing at everything, having conversations with us (still completely clueless what she is saying), loves to sing, take a bath, look at herself in the mirror, hang out with Nana and Papa, and watch TV commericals.



Julia, as we approach your first birthday, we are so proud of you, love you more than words can say and I know your big brother Will feels the exact same way! Here's to many, many more years of love and life.



a.k.a. Mommy

P.S. Please pray for the Flowers family during this time. My cousins and their families lost their Dad this weekend as he has gone to be with Jesus.