Julia's 1st birthday party at Nana and Papa's was a success! My mom, the catering extraordinaire really went all out. I don't proclaim to be an over the top girly girl and I am glad that my mom knows that. The place was tastefully decorated to my liking, the menu was just right and the company was priceless. At one point many of the little ones were all out back playing in the yard, which I think made Julia a little envious... but besides that she had a great time with cake and presents! It is so fun to see new favorite toys emerge from the sea of toys she has at her disposal. I am still lacking on uploading birthday pictures and sending out thank you's. I am just lame in that department!
After 3.5 months of daycare at Bright Beginnings Educational Childcare, we moved Julia. I got along well with the provider, but Julia never seemed to settle in. She would fuss most the day, sometimes not eating and napping too well. A few times I would pick her up, get the report for the day and leave in tears knowing that she was so upset and unhappy throughout the day. We tossed around ideas of nannies, daycare centers, another home based daycare, and me staying home. We landed on Four Seasons Academy in Manteca. It is a daycare center based inside Crossroads Grace Community Church. It includes ages to Pre-K and has a structured environment with lots of activities, play and love. After just a day or two, Julia settled in well and found her favorites. In 5 days she has already created 3 art projects, learned new songs and created many new friends. She is really a new baby! So happy, content and is enjoying her new surroundings.
And Lastly, David and I got kicked down AGAIN by this dreaded cold! Third time since Thanksgiving. Julia is fighting off the symptoms and has been showing a bit of a cough but nothing serious. This things will not go away! Typical sore throat, cough and sinus pressure. Absolutely dreadful during the day and almost unbearable at night.
Oh, one more thing, just in case you are interested... I have almost given up nursing. I am so sad about this. I am thrilled to have gone a year but wished stopping was more on my terms instead of my body's decision. I have completely stopped pumping at work and am trying to still nurse at night and in the morning. So far the limited time is still working and she is taking formula and whole milk fairly well. She has never been a huge bottle baby, more so with sippy cups but she is getting the fluids she needs, so we are thankful.
As for now, her favorite toys are her LeapFrog My Pal Violet, Fisher Price Little People Blocks and her Playskool Laugh and Learn Walker that allows her to walk and push all over the family room. I see walking in her very near future.
1 comment:
Glad to hear that Julia's party went well and that the new day care is working out! Miss you all bunches! Get well soon! xoxo
Post a Comment