Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reflection

There are moments during each day that I cannot help to think about Will and how life would be today if he was here with us. Some days I smile and think back on the memories we shared with him and other days I just sit and cry and cannot believe what we have endured since the day he was born, wishing so much that he was here.

If Will was here today...
...would Julia be here too?
...or would he be an only child?
...would we have all the support of family/friends that we have today?
...would we be the same people we are today?
...how would our life be?


Because of our experience with Will...
...we have grown in our faith.
...we experienced love like no other (which continues with Julia).
...we have made so many connections with other NICU families.
...we have experienced life differently (and will continue to do so).
...we have Julia
.

As we thank God everyday for Julia, we also thank Him for taking care of Will in heaven. Life as we know it today is part of a bigger plan that we may never understand, but we will embrace as we take this journey.

3 comments:

Sorensen Family said...

Thank you for sharing your reflection. It really touched my heart. We are thinking of you and your family. AND...we absolutely adore baby Julia Grace! She is so cute and looking different each time you post her pictures! Keep posting tons of pics! We love it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Aimee..

((((((((((((Aimee)))))))))

Love, love love

Misty said...

Wow! You are truly amazing! I just want you to know that. You have a great attitude and spirit. I am so thankful to know you! Thanks!!