When we were in the hospital, the nurse would take Julia at midnight for her daily assessment which includes weight check, diaper change, and a complete visual assessment... AND then they would keep her for 3 hours so I could get some uninterrupted sleep. I know, I know, nice... huh?
.
When we got home on Friday, Julia was so good, she slept for three hours at a time and woke for a diaper change and to eat and then back to sleep. I think we were in the honeymoon stage because both Sunday night and Monday night were not smooth sailing. Both nights I think she was a bit gassy and did not want to sleep in her bassinet for more than 10 minutes at a time. She showed signs of hunger so I would feed her a bit and he would fall asleep again... for 10 minutes and then we would start the routine over. This continued until 3:00 am when I decided I could not handle it. I took her down stairs and held her as I reclined on the recliner and she liked it better, so there we slept for 3 hours straight. Her swaddled up and warm, me stiff and uncomfortable. Monday night - repeat of the same.
.
Tonight our game plan is to break down and use Mylicon or Gripe Water that is used for colic and gas to see if her evening sleep pattern improves. She sleeps great during the day, so we are hoping it will work.
.
Also, I am scouring the internet and researching what to avoid in my post-pregnancy diet trying to relieve some of her discomfort, in case I am causing it from what I am eating and passing to her through breastmilk. Wish us luck. Sleep is good. :-)
.
.
2 comments:
OMG, Aimee....hehe Im sorry that I laugh, it is not funny....but it is so remindful of every single parent new experience!! :) it will get better....look at her one minute mad, next minute cry...as she tightly grips the tie she has around your fingers! hehe....she IS THE boss, and she will make sure you always know this!
Things will calm, as she gets a routine going along....you do need to try and sleep when she sleeps during the day if you have to.
www.lalecheleague.com for some breast feed info
also, if you are interested there is a breastfeeding club through the san joaquin chapter of public health, I can get you the info if you are interested.
Drink some sleepy time tea (no caffeine) and relax if you can...
Hang in there, we love you guys!!
Keep us updated, and know you are not alone, we have all been there!!
Aimee, Aimee, Aimee...you thought you were going to get some sleep? How cute. Love that little precious baby girl.
Post a Comment