Julia continues to get bigger - way to quickly. Last night we weighed her here at home (me on the scale and then me on the scale with her) and she weighed 13 pounds! She has already outgrown many of her clothes as I just went through her dresser and packed up an entire box full. I cannot believe how big she looks when I watch other people hold her... she is very long, like Daddy.
We still have a bad night here and there. I think we are pretty much beyond the gassiness, but onto acid reflux now. Thankfully it does not happen all the time or even every night, just once in a while... but when it happens we are prepared for no sleep, a lot of tears (both hers and mine), many diaper changes, burping, pacing, bouncing, swishing, and singing - all with little reaction from Julia... but when she finally goes to sleep, she does sleep for about 4 hours!
My brother and his family will be out visiting this coming week to meet Julia and more importantly deliver my Girl Scout cookies! =) My sister-in-law had a great idea to have pictures taken of my two nieces and Julia. The original plan was to have the pictures done and surprise my mom for her birthday, but we have let her in on the secret so we can have her in the picture too! Nothing like Nana and her girls!
Later this week, this topic will get it's own post...
May 16th - March for Babies 2009 - Weber Point Center in Stockton, CA.
In memory of Will, David and I will once again be Marching for Babies to raise money for March of Dimes to help put an end to premature birth, birth defects and infant loss. Please visit my MOD web page for more information at www.marchforbabies.org/all4will. This year I am joined by the NICU Parents group and NICU Nurses of Dameron Hospital. Please support us as we march for Will and other preemie families and the caregivers we have meet in the past year and a half.
1 comment:
Hey! I was just talking to some parents of a two-year-old over the weekend and they suggested Gripe Water for gassy babies - they said it did them wonders when their son was first born! I guess you can buy it a Babies-R-Us...just a tid-bit of info I thought I would share in case Julia is faking you out on being over the gas issue! Now the reflux I just can't help with. Lori shared with me that Neil had reflex REALLY bad. Hopefully it's not genetic! Glad to hear all is well.
Post a Comment