Thursday, October 15, 2009

Trying to avoid the flu...

Our strategy, as of late, is to AVOID the FLU! On Monday evening Julia came down with a fever. As it progressed through the night and next day we started to worry about the flu and, of course, H1N1. After daily calls to the advice nurse and even a phone appointment with her Pediatrician we ended up at the doctor today. Julia has an ear infection. I hate to say it, but we are relieved. Relieved that it isn't something more serious. She is eating less and has lost some weight but is now on antibiotics and will recover nicely.

As a mom determined to breastfeed through the first year this has been a difficult time for us. Julia has refused to nurse and only occasionally wants a bottle. This is frustrating for me to say the least. I know she has greatly benefited from 8 months of mother's milk -- but I'm just not ready to give up yet. So, as any mother in my situation would do, I will pump and be patient. Be patient and hope that she will resume breastfeeding soon. I really want to get to the 12 month mark.

Oh and did I mention that I am sick too? Probably not. As I worry and care for Julia I often am finding myself totally and completely wiped out and forgetting that I am sick! Not good for my body, that's for sure. I am trying to care for myself -- and with the help my the husband I will be fine. It's amazing how much of me I ignore when Julia needs me. Something every mother knows, I'm sure.

About the pictures... I cannot find my battery charger for my camera, which is why there are no photos since August. I am trying to convince the husband to let me get a new camera. A Canon DSLR. Wish me luck or you can make a donation to my camera fund. Hehehe!

No comments: