Saturday, August 29, 2009

Where, oh where, has Julia been?

First let me apologize for being such a lazy blogger lately. Julia continues to grow, develop and make us proud every day! Lots has been happening around the Hensley household so I will take the easy way out and just make a list!
  • Turned 6 months old on August 2nd
  • First trip to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Phil's Fish Market, the Mystery Spot, Capitola and LaSelva Beach
  • Rolls around to get from one side of the room to another
  • Scoots on her butt while sitting to make her way to a favorite toy
  • Got her first "trim" (not a haircut, just a trimmed the long wispies)
  • Still no crawling, she would rather stand up than lie on her tummy
  • Moved from 1st foods into 2nd foods (baby food)
  • Loves green beans and carrots and is starting to accept fruit (she makes the funniest faces when trying new fruits, must be way too tart for her!)
  • Starting to drink from a sippy cup (Note: she refuses a bottle, so this is HUGE)
  • Moved from bassinet to sleeping exclusively in her crib (this has been since June, just failed to mention it earlier)
  • Says MomMomMomMom, though without meaning (still music to my ears!)
  • LOVES, absolutely LOVES (did I mention LOVES?) to go swimming!
  • Arranged daycare to start sometime in September (Mommy is having a hard time with this one)
  • Is wearing size 12 months +
  • Last doctor's visit weighed 18 lbs 3 oz and 28 inches tall (way ahead of her peers in height!)
  • Loves to play with her friends at work
  • Had her first (awake) visit to Will's resting place (all other visits she has been sleeping)
  • Was featured in a follow up article in the Dameron Digest (Dameron Hospital Foundation's periodical)
  • When not sleeping or eating, she laughs all the time, loves to play with Daddy, go to work with Mommy and spend time with Nana and Papa

I will post pictures soon -- I promise!!


1 comment:

Brittany said...

So much has happened....and so fast! I can't believe she's already 7 mo old! And she's SO tall! But I knew she would be...mommy and daddy aren't exactly short!